NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of Saffron Walden U3A will be held at Saffron Walden Baptist Church on Monday 2nd September 2019 at 2.30 pm, or at any adjournment thereof.
- Chairman’s welcome
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the previous AGM 3rd Sept 2018 ( Unapproved copy available here)
- Chairman’s report for the year ended 31 July 2019
- Treasurer’s report for the year ended 31 July 2019 and Adoption of Accounts
(Draft Accounts will be posted here late August – only a very limited number of hard copies available on day)
- Appointment of the Independent Examiner of Accounts
- Election of the Committee for 2019-2020
- Under the terms of the Constitution, all the members of the Executive Committee, including those serving as Officers, will retire at the Annual General Meeting.
- Non-officer members of the Executive Committee have a one-year term of office and may serve not more than three terms.
- Officers other than the Treasurer have a one-year term of office and may serve not more than three terms in a particular Officer role.
Only current members are entitled to attend, vote and speak at the Meeting.
Pauline Palmer, Secretary
Written nominations by a proposer and seconder will need to be sent to the Secretary at least 28 days before the AGM (i.e. by 4th August 2019).
Download this form if you wish to join or to nominate someone to join the committee – at least 28 days before the AGM.
Minutes of AGMs and Accounts for previous years can be found on our Publications page.