Above photo by Gordon Ridgewell
Saffron Walden U3A has Open Meetings with a guest speaker on the 3rd Monday of the month (except August and December or unless otherwise advised). These are at 2.30 pm in the Bowls Club, Abbey Lane, Saffron Walden.
The Theatre and Travel Group has a range of trips to places of interest, and to theatres and concerts, with usually at least one per month. Holidays are also arranged for members. Details are included below, and on their group page. The group meets on the last Friday of the month at 2 pm in the Baptist Church Hall, to discuss and take bookings for future outings. Please note that we continue to meet on the last Friday of each month during June, July and August as well. Click on to Theatre and Travel on the Group page for contact details.
The Bird Watching group also has regular outings by shared cars to various sites on a regular basis – see the Bird Watching page.
The Mainly for Men’s group meets twice a term. Although topics chosen are primarily of interest to men, the meetings are open to all. Entrance £3. See Mainly for Men page for details.
Click on the blue links in each case to find out more.
Every third Monday at the Bowls Club, except August and December. The doors open at 2.15 pm and tea/coffee and biscuits will be available at 2.30 pm before the speaker starts at about 2.45pm.
- OPEN MEETING — Mel Rees – ‘My family and other animals’ on Mon 15 Oct 2018 2:30 pm
- OPEN MEETING – Tricia Thompson – Subject tbc on Mon 19 Nov 2018 2:30 pm
Social and Other Events
Theatre and Travel
- OUTING – Walmer Castle on Thu 27 Sep 2018
- MUSICAL – Oklahoma – Palace Theatre Southend on Sat 6 Oct 2018
- THEATRE – Dreamgirls – Matinee at Savoy Theatre on Wed 17 Oct 2018
- DANCE/MUSIC – Dance, Music Songs of the 60’s with Live Band – Matinee at Westcliffe Theatre. on Sun 21 Oct 2018
- OUTING – Autumn Countryside Tour and Stamford on Thu 25 Oct 2018
- OUTING – Thursford Christmas Extravaganza on Thu 8 Nov 2018
- CONCERT – Czech National Symphony Orchestra – Theatre Royal Norwich – Matinee on Sun 2 Dec 2018
- OUTING – London Shard& Lunch at ~Strand Palace Hotel – See the Christmas Lights on Mon 10 Dec 2018
- OPERA – La Boheme – English National Opera – Matinee at the London Coliseum on Sat 16 Feb 2019
- LUNCH CLUB –The Plough at Debden on Thu 18 Oct 2018 12:30 pm
- LUNCH CLUB –The Crown at Little Walden on Wed 14 Nov 2018 12:30 pm
- LUNCH CLUB –The White Hart at Wimbish on Wed 5 Dec 2018 12:30 pm
Mainly For Men
- MAINLY FOR MEN – Charlie Haylock is taking an eccentric look at the countryside. on Mon 1 Oct 2018 2:30 pm